The watersports They are a fun option to exercise this summer. It is true that on vacation we want to rest from the daily routine, but it is important to stay active to achieve physical and mental well-being.
Do you want to enjoy the sea, have a different time and at the same time exercise your muscles? Say no more, practice one of the water sports that I show you below and you will see that your summer vacation will be unforgettable.
The best water sports for summer
The cold winter temperatures prevent us from visiting the beach. Therefore, when the summer we are happy to Live new experiences near the sea.
This warm season is loaded with many plans, events and getaways. And it is that the water, the sun and the sand become the perfect combination to spend time with friends and do activities that allow us to feel better about ourselves.
Also, if you are one of those who like exercise, let me tell you that the summer weather is the best for practicing certain water sports that you cannot do during the rest of the year.
Benefits of water sports
Water sports are great to pass the time, but that’s not their main advantage. This type of activity helps us to keep us movingusing another type of training that you are probably not used to.
If you are still doubtful about preparing your swimsuit, here I will tell you all the benefits of water sports:
- You can choose from countless options: you will surely find an aquatic activity that suits your personality.
- Promote muscle toning: no matter which one you choose, all water sports promote the growth of your muscle mass so that you look a much more defined body.
- improve posture: swimming, for example, reduces back pain and helps maintain an upright posture.
- Burn more calories: water is a resistance obstacle, so you will have to work harder in your executions. This extra effort will lead you to burn fat and get that figure you always dreamed of.
- Increases respiratory capacity: Water sports are an excellent practice to increase the resistance and coordination of your respiratory system.
- They benefit mental health: being near water decreases stress, depression and anxiety.
4 water sports you should practice this summer
Many nautical schools offer the opportunity to start a new water sport. cheer up! And have a fantastic summer with these recommendations:
This is a water sport in which the wind is the key. A kite with a harness and a board on the feet is used to propel itself over the water.
The idea is to take advantage of the force of the wind to slide and do all kinds of pirouettes. Of course, you must first know the basics and have certain physical conditions that allow you to carry the equipment.
There are many Kitesurfing schools in Spain, in fact it is one of the most practiced sports in Catalonia, the Balearic Islands, Murcia and Andalusia.
It is also known as canoeing or kayaking, and it is an excellent alternative to practice alone or with your friends and family.
It is about rowing a canoe through inland rivers, coastal areas or reservoirs. You can be in contact with nature and observe the most beautiful landscapes.
This adventure sport allows you to exercise your core muscles, your arms and legs. Besides, it improves coordination, helps to lose weight, reduces stress levels and facilitates control of emotions.
It’s similar to winter, but instead of being on the snow, you’re on top of the water. The skis or board are placed on the feet and with the hands a rope tied to a boat is held, the latter will be the one that uses the speed to take you.
You can choose to go at full speed to do all kinds of stunts and take your adrenaline to the maximum.
For those who prefer something quieter, there is swimming. This is one of the sports most practiced aquatics in Europe.
It is cheap and can be practiced in the sea or in swimming pools, it is even possible to swim all year round thanks to the heated pools. Health experts recommend it as an effective method of rehabilitation for muscles and joints.
With swimming you can cool off from the heat, increase your cardiovascular resistance and clear your mind.
Tips for sports in summer
Before starting the training:
- Apply enough sunscreen to both face and body.
- Stretch at least 10 minutes before you start. This will help you to have more flexibility and avoid injuries.
- Use the appropriate clothing according to the sport you have selected: bathing suit, neoprene swimsuit, among others.
- Take a shower just before starting to get used to the temperature of the sea or the pool.
- To practice any sport, remember that you must have the support and supervision of an expert in the area.
After finishing the exercise routine:
- Drink at least 2 liters of water after physical activity.
- After your usual hygiene, apply a moisturizing cream suitable for your skin. Surely she will be irritated by the sun.
- Do post-workout stretches.
Move your body with these water sports and don’t forget to eat well during the summer period.